We’re not just any jewelry store!

Meet the fifth-generation of the Braunschweiger Family

Learn More

The trusted jeweler of North Jersey.

For more than 80 years, a gift from Braunschweiger Jewelers has been the premier expression of love shared by
families and friends throughout New Jersey and beyond.

Braunschweiger Jewelers, fifth-generation family-owned jewelry stores, are always a warm and wonderful place to shop. We know that purchasing a piece of jewelry is about creating a special moment in time that you will relive again and again for generations to come; so with passion and personal caring we work to assure an extraordinary experience that is defined by the integrity, dedication and special services we offer every customer, every time you shop with us.

Our jewelry expertise and our ever changing selection of unique pieces is unmatched. From classic vintage jewelry to contemporary designs, from elite collections by renowned designers like Marco Bicego, John Hardy and David Yurman to more recently discovered special collections, at Braunschweiger Jewelers it’s always easy to find just the right piece.

Whether you’re preparing for an upcoming wedding, anniversary, engagement or graduation, or you want to mark a special moment in time that can only be defined by a beautiful piece of jewelry, trust Braunschweiger to guide you and to stand behind every important jewelry purchase you make.

We offer the following services to help care for, clean, repair and update your favorite pieces.

We offer the following services to help care for, clean, repair and update your favorite pieces.

The story behind the swan.

In the 1920’s several members of the Braunschweiger Family immigrated to the United States from the Black Forest region of southern Germany. The region was world renowned for its precision timepiece manufacturing. Not unexpectedly, the Braunschweigers had been trained as watchmakers and clockmakers. They proudly carried this heritage with them to America. Taken from the family’s hometown crest of Schwenningen, Germany, the Braunschweiger Swan represents the integrity, craftsmanship, service and value which was respected in Germany and continues today.

The highest standards… The happiest customers

Here’s what our happy customers have to say..

I have been a customer there literally forever. I purchased my wife’s engagement ring and our wedding bands there 20+ years ago. The staff and service there are top notch.
– Sergio P.

Our history through
the generations…

Braunschweiger Jewelers is a family business, well established and recognized for offering quality jewelry, integrity and unmatched service to our customers.

1873

Balthus Braunschweiger is born in Germany. He is trained as a clockmaker and goes to work in the Kienzle Clock Factory in Schwenningen, a city near his hometown.

1919

Eugen, Balthus’s son carries on the family tradition as a clockmaker and goes to work in the same factory. Son Robert is yet too young to consider his future vocation.

1925

Most of the Braunschweiger Family immigrates to the US and settles in Hillside, NJ.

1927

Eugen and his younger brother Robert, are able to put their clock making and watch making skills to good use in the US. Robert is employed by Wittke Jewelers and Eugen by Michael Kohn Jewelers, both in Elizabeth, NJ.

1931

With a $200 investment, Robert opens Market Watch Repair in Newark NJ, a second floor, cut-rate watch repair service to jewelers. Soon after, a street level shop is opened and customers are served directly. The Braunschweiger brothers see their families clear through the Great Depression.

1936

Robert has secured the family’s financial stability and Eugen leaves Michael Kohn Jewelers to become partners with his brother, Robert.

1939

Market Watch Repair is renamed: Braunschweiger Brothers is born!

1941

Eugen’s sons, Eugene, Herb & Bill help out after school while their Uncle Robert serves with the US Army during WWII

1948

In the meantime, Robert is back from the war and Braunschweiger Brothers has been doing well. The brothers purchase a lot at 45 William Street in Newark and build their own store.

THE MARKET WATCH COMPANY

BALTHUS BRAUNSCHWEIGER SHOWS HIS FAMILY THE FINER POINTS OF CLOCK REPAIR.

1212 RAYMOND BOULEVARD, NEWARK

7 LINCOLN STREET, EAST ORANGE

MAIDEN LANE STOREFRONT IN NEW PROVIDENCE

OUR MORRISTOWN STORE

1957

Braunschweiger Bros. continues to thrive and moves to 1212 Raymond Blvd. in the heart of downtown Newark. A greater selection of watches and jewelry is offered for the first time.

1958

Braunschweiger Bros. purchases Pettit Jewelers at 37 South Street in Morristown. Brother Robert and his nephew Eugene head up the Morristown store and Eugen stays in Newark with his twin sons, Herb & Bill.

1964

Braunschweiger Bros. leaves the Newark location for Lincoln Street in East Orange and begins doing business as Braunschweiger Jewelers.  Older brother Eugen has since retired.

1966

The East Orange location is sold. Geljack Jewelers in Springfield, NJ is purchased.

1967

The third generation, Eugene, Herb & Bill become partners with the Ferdinand Family in New Providence, NJ and buy into Maiden Lane Jewelers. Braunschweiger Jewelers now operates 3 locations: Morristown, New Providence and Springfield. Robert has since retired and now three new brothers are in charge.

1978

The Springfield location has since been sold. Maiden Lane Jewelers triples in size when it moves to a new space within the Village Shopping Center. A new third location is found in Pheasant Run Plaza in Warren NJ.

1980’s

The Morristown store moves into a new location just a few doors down on South Street.

In true Braunschweiger style, the legacy continued in the late 1980s with Bill and Herb’s children stepping into their new management rolls at the growing family jewelry business. Bill, Kristy, Linda and Gretchen took hold of the business and infused fresh spirit and boundless enthusiasm spearheading the next generation of Braunschweiger successful entrepre-neurship.

1990’s to the present

Morristown and New Providence are our two present locations. We continue our tradition of quality and integrity in the jewelry business. We are proud of the craftsmanship and vision of our forefathers, Balthus, Eugen, Robert, Eugene, Herb & Bill. We hope to make them proud as we head into our Fifth Generation.

1873

Balthus Braunschweiger is born in Germany. He is trained as a clockmaker and goes to work in the Kienzle Clock Factory in Schwenningen, a city near his hometown.

1919

Eugen, Balthus’s son carries on the family tradition as a clockmaker and goes to work in the same factory. Son Robert is yet too young to consider his future vocation.

1925

Most of the Braunschweiger Family immigrates to the US and settles in Hillside, NJ.

1927

Eugen and his younger brother Robert, are able to put their clock making and watch making skills to good use in the US. Robert is employed by Wittke Jewelers and Eugen by Michael Kohn Jewelers, both in Elizabeth, NJ.

1931

With a $200 investment, Robert opens Market Watch Repair in Newark NJ, a second floor, cut-rate watch repair service to jewelers. Soon after, a street level shop is opened and customers are served directly. The Braunschweiger brothers see their families clear through the Great Depression.

1936

Robert has secured the family’s financial stability and Eugen leaves Michael Kohn Jewelers to become partners with his brother, Robert.

1939

Market Watch Repair is renamed: Braunschweiger Brothers is born!

1941

Eugen’s sons, Eugene, Herb & Bill help out after school while their Uncle Robert serves with the US Army during WWII

1948

In the meantime, Robert is back from the war and Braunschweiger Brothers has been doing well. The brothers purchase a lot at 45 William Street in Newark and build their own store.

1957

Braunschweiger Bros. continues to thrive and moves to 1212 Raymond Blvd. in the heart of downtown Newark. A greater selection of watches and jewelry is offered for the first time.

1958

Braunschweiger Bros. purchases Pettit Jewelers at 37 South Street in Morristown. Brother Robert and his nephew Eugene head up the Morristown store and Eugen stays in Newark with his twin sons, Herb & Bill.

1964

Braunschweiger Bros. leaves the Newark location for Lincoln Street in East Orange and begins doing business as Braunschweiger Jewelers.  Older brother Eugen has since retired.

1966

The East Orange location is sold. Geljack Jewelers in Springfield, NJ is purchased.

1967

The third generation, Eugene, Herb & Bill become partners with the Ferdinand Family in New Providence, NJ and buy into Maiden Lane Jewelers. Braunschweiger Jewelers now operates 3 locations: Morristown, New Providence and Springfield. Robert has since retired and now three new brothers are in charge.

1978

The Springfield location has since been sold. Maiden Lane Jewelers triples in size when it moves to a new space within the Village Shopping Center. A new third location is found in Pheasant Run Plaza in Warren NJ.

1980’s

The Morristown store moves into a new location just a few doors down on South Street.

In true Braunschweiger style, the legacy continued in the late 1980s with Bill and Herb’s children stepping into their new management rolls at the growing family jewelry business. Bill, Kristy, Linda and Gretchen took hold of the business and infused fresh spirit and boundless enthusiasm spearheading the next generation of Braunschweiger successful entrepre-neurship.

1990’s to the present

Morristown and New Providence are our two present locations. We continue our tradition of quality and integrity in the jewelry business. We are proud of the craftsmanship and vision of our forefathers, Balthus, Eugen, Robert, Eugene, Herb & Bill. We hope to make them proud as we head into our Fifth Generation.